Feeling under the weather and a bit blue at this time of year is normal for most of us. Not only has all the Christmas chocolate been eaten but it’s back to the routine of work and family and with no holiday booked yet, summer feels such a long way off.
Although the weather has been mild in the UK recently, it is still the season of coughs, colds, sneezes and flu like symptoms. Follow these top tips to help you stay fit, healthy, happy and energised and to see you through to longer days and brighter nights and to when spring is finally here…..
- Take vitamin C and zinc as it can help to prevent a cold
- Make sure you wash your hands regularly – especially after travelling on public transport
- It can be hard to drag yourself off the sofa and go for a run or head to the gym for a class, but research has shown that those who exercise regularly have fewer colds.
- Got a sore throat? Make a batch of this master tonic. It’s hot but really does the trick
- Treat yourself to some super juices. Adding lots of greens such as kale, spinach and other super greens like spirulina and wheatgrass will give your antioxidant intake a boost.
- If you are feeling under the weather have a duvet day and rest.
- Be sociable and catch up with friend you haven’t seen for ages…Having a wide social network helps us stay happier and healthier for longer.
- If you have a cat or a dog give them some extra cuddles. If you don’t then borrow one…
- Finally be good to yourself. Eat healthily. Cut down on drinking and smoking and treat yourself to a massage……………
Information source: Healthy Magazine – Dec/Jan 2016 edition