Once again Energising Massage was part of a great massage team helping the inspiring Diabetes UK marathon runners with their recovery, by proving leg massages after their 26 mile 385 yard run on Sunday 21st April 2013.
It was a glorious day, the sun was shining, and the route was packed with spectators all looking to see friends, relatives and loved ones, to cheer them to the finish line on their epic run around London. Diabetes UK had over 150 runners and they are hoping to raise in excess of £200,000 this year.
With an after party at the Queen Elizabeth conference centre the essential recovery food, drink and leg massage was a welcome sight for the many runners. There was a huge sense of achievement and euphoria at the party and many smiling faces casino online as they gingerly climbed onto the massage tables to receive their leg massages.
A light massage after such exertion by your body can help both physically and psychologically. It can:
- Increase blood and lymph flow, moving toxins out of the body
- Encourage fresh oxygenated blood to the muscles, to aid repair and recovery
- Promote the release of endorphins which will act as natural painkillers while reducing some of the muscle pain associated with your marathon.
- Help you sleep by relaxing your nervous system
- Make you feel nice and is a great reward for all the sacrifices made and dedication needed to achieve the goal of running a marathon.
Planning on running a marathon?
Running this distance takes motivation, dedication, guts and of course stamina to go the whole distance. So make massage a regular part of your training programme. It will help maintain elasticity and flexibility, will help to keep muscle tissues stretched and it will improve circulation.
If you would like to run for Diabetes UK in next year’s Virgin London Marathon or would like try a 10k or half marathon visit their website for more details: www.diabetes.org.uk